June 12, 2008

Our Neck of the Woods

Sorry no pictures today, my camera is dead and we haven't gotten any batteries, so....

We're doing really good. Just hanging around and having lots of fun! Jack is at such a fun age! He is hilarious! He makes me die laughing at least once a day! Plus, he's the cutest thing ever...so that's great too.

Some of his favorites right now:
~Walking around and around and around the house while talking and waving his hands in the air
~Bringing me books and sitting in my lap while we read them
~Singing "The wheels on the bus" about 50 times a day! So cute!
~Putting his abc magnets and block in his pots and stirring them up (alphabet soup)
~Running to the window to wave when he hears Brian's truck pull up, and then running to the door to greet him!
~Waving bye-bye to daddy when he goes to work
~Sitting on my lap and leaning back against the belly
~Eating fruit and pancakes

Some of his not-favorites:
~Having to come to us when we say "Come here"--he's getting very sassy
~Eating his vegetables
~Sitting still when we pray before bed
~When mommy is cooking and won't hold him
~Having his teeth brushed

Baby Chisholm is great! I had a check-up last week and everything was fine, the heartbeat was strong and there were no problems. She (I say it's a girl now, but who knows) is moving around like crazy! My stomach is constantly jumping up and down morning, noon, and night! I think this one's gonna be fiesty! This pregnancy has flown by! I'm like 25 or 26 weeks, which is crazy! September will be here before we know it! I am so exctied that we haven't found out what we're having. I cannot wait for the surprise of it, it's going to be so much fun!

Brian and I are good too. He is working hard and has been having a great time taking care of the yard and our vegetable garden. I've helped a little bit--I helped him pull up a ton of grass the other night and now the garden looks great! We had our first crop of two banana peppers, one of which was bad--but we still have one! And we have some little bitty tomatoes starting and some squash too! I can't wait to start seeing the veggies coming out! I get really really excited about it! I will definitely be putting pics of our crops on here when they arrive!

Jack and I are getting over bad colds and I'm looking forward to getting out again. We tend to quarentine ourselves--no church, no playing outside, no errands--when we're sick, so I haven't been out at all in the past week. It's a good thing my son and husband are so entertaining, otherwise I'd be coo-coo by now! :) We may go play outside this afternoon depending on how Jack is feeling. Yeah!

Other than that we don't have a lot going on. We're taking it pretty easy this month b/c next month we're planning on doing a bunch of travelling. We want to get in some visits and stuff before I can't travel in mid-August. So that's what going on in our neck of the woods--what's going on where you are?

1 comment:

Alison said...

Thanks for the Chisholm family update. Y'all are seriously such a great family :) I wish we lived closer :)

Actually, the only other FR books I've read are The Last Sin Eater & Redeeming Love & they ARE good. I've been staying up late reading in bed even though I am SO SLEEPY b/c I have to know what happens w/ Marcus & Hadassah! If they don't end up getting married I'm going to be so disappointed!