October 2, 2008

Chisholm Family Update

It's been a while since I've posted, and I really don't have all that much to report other than that we're all doing great and we're getting used to the new routine really well.

We did take the kids--oooh that's weird, it's plural now :)--to the doctor last week for Jack's 18-month checkup and Ali Grace's 2 week checkup. We love our doctor!!! She was so excited to meet Ali Grace and went on and on about how cute and perfect our children are, which any parent loves to hear.

Jack had his last shot until he is four, so that was great. He now weighs 25 pounds, 3 ounces and is 32 3/4 inches tall. He's a solid little boy! He is getting so smart too! The other day I decided to start writing down the words he can say (and that we can understand) and the list was over 30 words, AND it's gotten longer since then. He says "thank you" "bye-bye" "eyes" "nose" "draw" "stars" and lots of other things. He give Ali Grace kisses all the time, and he gets excited whenever she wakes up. He's a great big brother already!

Ali Grace had gained 9 ounces since birth, which made me feel great! I am so glad that she's doing well and gaining so well! Dr. Malak said that she is beautiful and very alert for her age. Ali Grace did wonderful on her first longish trip in the car, she slept the whole time! :) She's doing really well eating and sleeping most of the time. Sometimes she has trouble with gassines, and she's been really effected by what I eat. So I'm trying to be careful with what I eat, and hopefully the sensitivity won't last long.

Brian and I are doing good. We're tired by the end of the day, and a little bit more irritable than usual at times, but we're enjoying this time--we know that it won't last long, and they will never be this small again. We love love love love our little ones so much! We have been so very blessed with them. They are beautiful and sweet and so precious! God is truly amazing!

Sorry I don't have any pictures, our camera is dead and we keep forgetting to get new batteries. We will soon though--we need to take many many many more pictures of Ali Grace. :)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I had a dream that Bryan and I came to visit you and Brian. You had this huge house in the woods with an enormous tool shop down the road.
When I woke up I remember thinking how strange the dream was...

So good to hear your whole family is doing well!

The Overstreets said...

I'm so glad to hear an update! I haven't called, because I know how crazy those first weeks can be. I'll call soon. Love on those babies for us!

Jared and Brandy Verwiel said...

i'm so glad everyone's doing well!!! i hope you are getting some rest in between those feedings! ;-)

Alison said...

Hey Christina!
Thanks for the Chisholm family update! I've been wondering how you all are! We send our love to you all!!