March 25, 2010

Preparations

Today I finally started making some preparations for our upcoming baby's arrival. I went through some of the "gender neutral" clothes that I had put away and looking at several of the pieces brought back so many sweet memories!

Since we've never found out before-hand if we were having a girl or a boy, we have lots of white, yellow, and green outfits and onsies that both of our kids wore when they were teeny tiny.




These onsies were worn by both Jack and Ali Grace and they have the spit-up stains to prove it! Oh they are so little! I remember receiving all of them as gifts from great friends too, which makes it even sweeter. The little green outfit with turtles on it we got from Danny and Becky Gardner who we love and miss so much! The others we received from various people, or made spur-of-the-moment trips to Wal-Mart frantic because all his shirts were dirty!!!



Of all the things I found today this one is the most sentimental for me. It's just a plain Winnie-the-Pooh hat, but both Jack and Ali Grace wore it home from the hospital, and I remember it being so big on them both. Sweet babies! It's hard to believe they were that little.



And then there is this huge pile of swaddling blankets. We used these to wrap Jack for a lonnnnggg time! Ali Grace was swaddled too, but she broke out of them a lot more than Jack, so we didn't do it as long--we should have seen that as a sign of things to come. :)



Brian and I are expert swaddlers now--I hope the new baby likes it, because it's so sweet to see them all wrapped up!

As we patiently await the arrival of our third little bundle of blessings, it's been so great to look back at what our two seemingly big kids were like when they were so tiny! I can't wait to see whether we'll have a little brother or a little sister!!!! It almost makes me anxious for him/her to be here. ALMOST--I'm pretty feeling pretty patient about it right now--we're not quite ready for that yet. Not long to go though!!! About 6 1/2 weeks!



1 comment:

Alison said...

I can't BELIEVE you only have 6.5 more weeks! Wow!