Two and a half weeks ago when I went to the doctor I was dilated 1 cm and the baby was really low. She said that I would probably go into labor in the next couple weeks. So we started kicking it into high gear around here to get ready. We had to move beds around, organize baby stuff, wash tons of clothes, and get it all ready. Then we just waited and waited, analyzing every twinge of pain I had.
Then this past Wednesday when I went again my doctor said that I was dilated 3 cm and 70% to 80% effaced. I was freaking out! I expected to go into labor at any second! She also told me that she would be going out of town in a week for an extended vacation and wanted to know if I wanted to be induced before she left. Well, Brian and I had talked about induction before, and really didn't want to do it. So we had to reassess and decide what to do--be induced and have Dr. Cahill, who we trust and really like--or wait and go into labor on my own and risk having a doctor we've never seen delivering. So we prayed and talked and really thought about it.
We ultimately decided to trust my doctor and go ahead and induce, while we continue to pray that I'll go into labor naturally before I get to the hospital. So here we are, Saturday night, and we're scheduled to be at the hospital at 6:30 Monday morning. My parents and sister are here, which is such a comfort. Now whenever I go into labor, or to the hospital, they will be here to take care of the kids.
We're still hoping that I'll go into labor naturally, (honestly, we absolutely expected to have had this baby by now) but if I don't that's ok, and our sweet little one will arrive Monday as planned. It seems like my feelings about it change from minute to minute from excited to scared to expectant to nervous to grateful to excited again.
Here I am with the belly. It's HUGE!!!