June 28, 2007

Things I love about being a Mom

~ The look on Jack’s face when he is excited to see me
~ Watching Jack as he does new things every day
~ Knowing that someone loves me as much as I love my Mom
~ Watching Jack and Brian play, sit, sleep, pretty much do anything together
~ Thinking about the future and all of the amazing times ahead
~ What it means to be someone’s MOM
~ That I’m considered the expert on Jack, even if I’m not always
~ Watching Jack sleep
~ Having an excuse to organize and reorganize things, and to make tons of lists and
binders of baby stuff
~ Being eager to see who Jack is going to look like
~ Watching Brian be a Dad
~ Watching our parents be Grandparents and our siblings be Aunts and Uncles
~ That everyone wants to see Jack, and it doesn’t matter if he’s dirty or
rumpled, he’s still adorable
~ Saying the words, “my son”
~ Knowing that I went through pregnancy childbirth and came out OK (and so did Brian)
~ That it really is true that you don’t remember the pain
~ Knowing that when I mess up, Jack will still love me, plus at this age
he won’t remember it anyway :)
~ Being able to see, touch, smell, hear, and take care of a blessing from God
~ And sooooo much more that I can’t even put into words……..

2 comments:

Bodin Family said...

Sniff,Sniff.OK, You made me cry. Ilove all those things about being a mom too. I could add a line or two.
-Watching my daughter being a great mother.
- Watching my daughter be a great wife and loving her husband with all her heart.
-Watching Brain be a great father and love my daughter with all his heart.
-Watching Jack do absolutely anything and being proud of him, and love him more every time I see him.

I love you.
Nana, Mom, Mother-in-law

Jason & Meg said...

I am so glad I got to check in on the blog. I love the updates. I am so glad I got to see you this weekend.