May 24, 2007

Daytrip to Little Rock

We drove to Little Rock yesterday for Jack's second well-baby checkup and made a day of it. We ended up leaving later than we expected and getting around the city took longer than we thought too, so we didn't do a whole lot, so no pictures. But we had fun. We drove around to learn our way around the city some and then we went to an art gallery which was fun. I thought that it was a more kid-friendly type place, but it was a formal, quiet gallery, so we looked around for a little while--we had Jack in his stroller. But he got fussy, so we left. We did see some really good artwork done by teenagers. Then we went to the doctor. We saw a doctor named Dr. Malak who was really nice! She said that Jack is perfect and that everything looks great. He weighs 11 pounds, 9.5 ounces which puts him in the 50th percentile for weight, and he is 23 inches long, and is in the 75th percentile for length. So he's growing really well! He's really long, I hope that means he'll be tall like his Daddy. Poor little guy had his first shots, but he did so good! He cried for a little while, but once I held him and comforted him, he calmed down. He was so brave! I told him that he's my little hero! Now he just has little red spots where the shots were given. We just love him so much!
Today and tomorrow we're just hanging around the house getting things ready for this weekend. I'm really excited about my family coming! My brother called a couple days ago to say that he's going to come too, and I'm so glad! He hasn't seen Jack since he was born. I'll take a ton of pictures this weekend and will make sure I post them soon.

No comments: