May 19, 2007

Mother's Day



My first Mother's Day was wonderful! Jack and Brian gave me a gift certificate to go shopping when I woke up that morning.

Then we went to church. Jack wore his first cute little outfit ever. They had baby dedication day and we dedicated Jack. There were 6 babies in all and they were all boys! Jack will have lots of friends his age! At the end of the service Brian, Jack and I went to the front and formally joined the church. We had been talking and thinking about it for a while, and decided to go ahead and join. We really enjoy the teaching and it is strongly based in scripture, as is the way the church makes decisions and goes about a lot of its business. There are also many young couples and small children there. So, now we're members of Rison Baptist Church! After church we drove to Pine Bluff and ate fried catfish with our friends the Fores. We had a really good day! Jack was really good and I enjoyed my first Mother's Day so much!

No comments: